Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Pretzel Salad


I'd personally never heard of this recipe before, until some of my friends at college introduced me to it. Apparently, it had been a personal favorite for a lot of them. Don't let the name of it fool you!! It may seem like a strange combination, but if you are a fan of salty-sweet combo's this recipe is one for you!!

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed hard pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter or margarine
3 tablespoons sugar
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
1 package (6 oz) strawberry gelatin
1 package (10 oz) frozen strawberries, thawed
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar

Preparation: Mix together the crushed pretzels, butter or margarine, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Put into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and whipped topping. Mix gelatin into boiling water, then add frozen strawberries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Serves 10 to 12.

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite salads. I took it to a work potluck one day and won favor with the boss. How sweet is that LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Nice, I bet he enjoyed that very much...now wonder. Its always good to get on your boss's good side, never know when you'll need it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I tried a Jello pretzel salad at a party and have been looking for a good recipe ever since. I'm printing this off right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could find what you were after! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried this on Sunday and loved it (I even blogged about it). Yours turned out much prettier than mine, but it tasted fabulous which is the most important part!

    ReplyDelete