Thursday, December 31, 2009
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Our family borrowed this recipe from katesblog to try for the holidays. When first mixing all of the ingredients together we were sort of leery about how it would turn out. But ummmm were they good!! Even a friend of mine, who is usually not so crazy about peanut butter, absolutely loved them. In fact, the reason I'm putting this recipe on my blog is so she can have access to it, because she asked me for it over the holiday but we were away, so I couldn't get it to her. Enjoy!!
1 18oz jar peanut bar
2lb powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
chocolate almond bark (or melt 12oz bag of chocolate chips with 2 T shortening)
1. Mix peanut butter, butter, and optional 1tsp vanilla with electric mixer until well blended.
2. Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer until all the sugar is mixed in. The dough will be slightly crumbly.
3. Form the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch sized balls by rolling the dough between your hands. Set formed balls on a plate or cookie tray.
4. Mix all ingredients together except for chocolate. Shape into 1-inch balls. Cool in frig. Melt chocolate in microwave, or double broiler and dip balls in, being sure to cover completely. Put on wax paper to harden.
5. Once they are cool you can put them in plastic containers in the refrigerator or freezer. They will keep for several weeks.