Friday, January 1, 2010

Creamy Noodles with Ham and Peas

Mom made this for "dinner" today, which turned out to be more of a mid-day meal. When I asked where she'd gotten the recipe, it turns out that it came off of a package of egg noodles. What I liked the most about it was it reminded me of a lunch meal that my host mom used to make for us while I was in Germany. Only difference I could find was there was no peas. Good recipe for when you want to use up some leftover ham from dinner the night before. Really yummy!!

Time: about 20 minutes

4 1/2 cups Market Pantry Wide Egg Noodles (about 1/2 pkg)
3 Tsp. butter or margarine
1 cup ham, diced
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, larger pieces cut in half
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/4 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste if desired. Add noodles and return to boil for 7-8 minutes or until noodles are tender, then drain.
2. While noodles are cooking, melt butter in large skillet. Add ham; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, onions and peas; cook about 4 minutes or until peas are hot and onions and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cream; simmer about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Toss sauce with hot noodles and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with additional cheese, if desired.


2 comments:

  1. Oftentimes I find a winner recipe on the backs of the products I buy and this sure sounds like one of them. I could totally see us slurping up some noodles and creamy ham sauce. Sounds good. Hm...I wonder if I have any mushrooms...this might be good for tomorrow....

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was good to hear from you. I so appreciate your kind comments but I think you are too nice to me.(blushes)

    I hope you and yours are doing well! Wishing you the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blog you have! I am enjoying checking out your recipes. This one sounds like great comfort food.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete