Yields 4 servings
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp beef bouillon
1 cup water
1/4 cup soy-sauce
10 oz boneless beef sirloin steak/boneless chicken breast
1 medium green pepper
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
2 tsp canola oil
2 medium tomatoes, cut or 1 can diced tomatoes (14oz)
1/8 tsp pepper
4 cups hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, bullion, water and soy sauce; set aside.
2. Cut steak or chicken into small cubes; set aside.
3. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside.
4. Add meat; stir fry for 4-6 minutes.
5. Stir cornstarch and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add tomatoes, water and green pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
Serve over rice.