1 1/2-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 med. onions, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 lbs. squash, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices or cubes
1 tsp minced or crushed garlic
ground black pepper
3-4 oz feta or goat cheese
1. Place a large skillet over med. heat. Let heat for a minute or so.
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
3. Add onion and salt. cook, stirring often for about 10 minutes or until onions becomes very tender and lightly golden brown. Transfer to bowl and set aside
4. Return pan to heat. Slick the pan with 1-2 tsp olive oil. Add the squash and cook without stirring until golden on the bottom, for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Repeat step 4 after flipping squash to the other side.
6. Toss in the garlic, and return the onions to the pan. Mix well and season to taste.
Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.